Vegas Rocks! Magazine presents the Vegas Rocks! Magazine Awards 2012 at The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel Casino Las Vegas, August 26, 2012
The 3rd Annual Vegas Rocks! Magazine Awards were held in Las Vegas on August 26, 2012, honoring rock icons and up and coming Las Vegas based bands, in true Las Vegas style. This year for the first time, the awards were broadcast nationwide on AXS TV Network. Vegas Rocks! Magazine CEO/Publisher, Sally Steele, put together a show fitting of the Rock Royalty being honored. Honorees, Nominees, Presenters and Fans all gathered to celebrate the music, especially this year’s feature honorees, Sammy Hagar and David Coverdale. Sammy Hagar was honored with the “Voice of Rock” Award and David Coverdale was honored with the “Lifetime Achievement in Rock & Roll” Award. Both treated the audience to performances during the show.
The show was opened by Dead Sara with an intense performance of their hit song, Weatherman. In addition to the all star lineup performing with David Coverdale and Sammy Hagar, there were performances by Valora and Dreamscar during the night. We were treated to an all star performance of “There’s Only One Way to Rock” and a tribute to Ronnie Montrose, featuring David Coverdale and Sammy Hagar together with Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson guitarist, John 5; Guns & Roses guitarist, DJ Ashba; Van Halen/Chickenfoot bassist, Michael Anthony; Pantera/Damage Plan/Hellyeah drummer, Vinnie Paul; That Metal Show‘s Eddie Trunk; Foreigner’s Domenick Allen; Winger frontman, Kip Winger; Blais Elias of Slaughter; Marq Torien of Bulletboys; Greatwhite‘s Mark Kendall; Nick Oshiro of Static X; The Sin City Sinners; Vegas Rock! Magazine’s own Sally Steele and many more.
The Joint was wall to wall rock stars and celebrities enjoying a celebration of Rock Music. In addition to the featured honorees, Sammy Hagar and David Coverdale, the following awards were presented during the live telecast:
- Geoff Tate of Queensryche was awarded as the “Voice of Progressive Metal”
- Michael Schenker of UFO and The Scorpions – “Rock Guitar Legend”
- Vinnie Paul of Pantera, Damage Plan, and Hell Yeah – “Drum Legend Icon”
- Levi Benton of Miss May I – “Male Metal Star of Tomorrow”
- Dead Sara – “Best New Band”
- BlackBox13 – “Best Vegas Hard Rock Band”
- Ministry of Love – “Best Vegas Power Pop Group”
- Dreamscar – “Vegas Stars of Tomorrow”
- Shrapnull – “Best Vegas Metal Band”
- Scream the Lie – “Best Vegas Post Hardcore Band”
- Mycrodot – “Best Vegas Rock Band”
- The Metal King – “Best Rock Tribute”
- Heavy Honey – “Vegas Breakout Band of the Year”
- Brazen – “Best Local Live Entertainment”
Las Vegas has always been a city that rocks and Vegas Rocks! Magazine’s Sally Steele gave us another amazing night to celebrate!